Entire contents of Heathrow Terminal 1 to be sold off

Baggage carousels and check-in desks are going under the hammer as the entire contents of Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 1 is sold.

Security scanners from the terminal, which was closed down in 2015, are also being auctioned off.

Other things up for grabs include 15 escalators, 1950s artwork and more than 2,000 security cameras.

Auction firm CA Global Partners hopes to fetch a six-figure sum when the items are sold on April 21.

Daniel Gray, from CA Global Partners, said “a sale comprising the entire contents and infrastructure of an entire major airport terminal is unprecedented”.

He said art by Stefan Knapp and “iconic” signage would attract collectors, while the various chairs on offer might appeal to bars and nightclubs.

You may also like:

Chef praised for ‘awful’ burger response

Daimler found buried in back garden

Hotel forgives guest for seagull invasion

Hither Green ‘burglary death’ suspect, 78, bailed

A 78-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder after a suspected burglar was stabbed to death has been bailed.

The man, named locally as Richard Osborn-Brooks, found two intruders in South Park Crescent, Hither Green, south-east London, early on Wednesday.

A man armed with a screwdriver forced the homeowner into his kitchen where there was a struggle and the suspect was stabbed, the Met said.

The suspected burglar who died has been named as Henry Vincent, 37, from Kent.

Mr Vincent was named and pictured by Kent Police in January as part of an investigation into a distraction burglary.

  • What are your rights if someone breaks into your home?

    Jewellery and valuables were stolen from a man in his 70s, police said at the time.

    Mr Osborn-Brooks has been bailed until May pending further inquiries.

    Police said they were called to the property over reports of a burglary when they found Mr Vincent collapsed in nearby Further Green Road with a stab wound to the upper body.

    A witness said an accomplice dragged Mr Vincent toward a van before leaving him for dead.

    A second suspect fled the scene and is still being hunted by police.

    Det Ch Insp Simon Harding appealed for anyone with information regarding the second suspect – who is believed to be a white male and fled the scene in a white van – to come forward.

    “He may have told someone what happened at the address,” he added.

    On Thursday, a team used machinery to move a parked car so that officers could access a drain on the street.

    Investigators lifted off the cover and sifted through buckets of liquid pulled from the drain before putting the green Rover back.

    A woman also left a bunch of flowers at the police cordon on Further Green Road, yards from where Mr Vincent fell.

    Flowers addressed to Mr Osborn-Brooks’s home were delivered to the police cordon on South Park Crescent by a courier.

    One man who lives on the street said there had been a recent spate of burglaries in the area and his home had been broken into in recent months.

    Adam Lake, another local resident, said he “wasn’t surprised” to hear about the burglary.

    “I feel terrible for the man that was burgled. He doesn’t deserve to be punished for defending himself,” he said.

    A neighbour of Mr Osborn-Brooks, who asked not to be named, supported his right to defend the neighbourhood.

    She said: “[I’ve heard] he’s a carer – this is a pensioner that has worked all his life who wants to live and die quietly.”

London violence: Seven more hurt in attacks around city

Seven more people have been injured in stabbings in London as the spate of violent crime in the capital continues.

A boy aged 13 was seriously hurt in an attack in Newham, east London, and another in his late teens suffered stab wounds in Ealing, west London.

Two 15-year-old boys and a 16-year-old were hurt in Mile End and another 15-year-old was stabbed in Poplar.

A man, in his 40s, was stabbed in Herne Hill, south-east London, but his injuries are not thought to be serious.

A man has been held on suspicion of attempted murder in connection with the assault in Mile End and the injured 16-year-old, who had minor injuries, was also arrested.

  • The faces of those killed in London
  • Nine charts on rising knife crime in England and Wales

    Meanwhile, protesters and community leaders gathered at Hackney Central station, east London, to call for an end to the recent bloodshed.

    It comes after London Mayor Sadiq Khan denied that police had “lost control of crime in London” in the wake of more than 50 murders in the capital this year.

    On Wednesday, 18-year-old Israel Ogunsola was stabbed to death in Link Street, Hackney.

    On Monday, 17-year-old Tanesha Melbourne was shot and killed in Tottenham before 16-year-old Amaan Shakoor, from Leyton, was shot in the face in Walthamstow. He died the following day.

    The Metropolitan Police says the condition of the teenager stabbed in Ealing Broadway at about 19:00 BST on Thursday is not yet known. He was taken to hospital by ambulance.

    The boy who was attacked in Gainsborough Avenue, Newham, at about the same time, is also in hospital.

    Police said three youths were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent in connection with that incident.

    In Mile End, London Ambulance Service treated three people at the scene in Grove Road at about 18:00.

    The two seriously hurt were taken to hospital but the 16-year-old was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm after receiving treatment for minor wounds.

    The 15-year-old stabbed in East India Dock Road in Polar, east London is in a stable condition.

    At the Hackney protest, people huddled round the station entrance before locking fists in a wide circle in solidarity for those killed.

    Protest organisers Guiding A New Generation – commonly known as G.A.N.G. – asked people to share their stories and plead for an end to the killings over a megaphone.

    Activist Boogz, 40, said: “We are trying to guide these children to let them know that their life is not going in the right direction.

    “I want to say to them this is not the life.

    “All the music that you listen to which glorifies this kind of thing, all the money that they see, all the cars that they see people driving, they are being sold a lie, they are being sold a false narrative – and we are here to change that narrative for them.”

    Four hours before Mr Ogunsola was stabbed, Hackney police were also called to a bookmakers on Upper Clapton Road.

    There were reports of an unconscious man following an altercation.

Sophie Lionnet death: Boyzone founder ‘never heard’ of French nanny

A former member of Boyzone embroiled in the murder case of his ex-girlfriend’s French nanny told jurors he “never, ever” had any contact with the victim.

Mark Walton was allegedly a focal point of his former partner’s campaign of torture against Sophie Lionnet.

Sabrina Kouider, 35, and Ouissem Medouni, 40, beat the 21-year-old au pair into a confession that she was in league with Mr Walton to spy on the family, the Old Bailey heard.

They deny killing her hours later.

Ms Lionnet’s body was thrown on to a bonfire in their garden in Southfields, south-west London, the court heard.

Giving evidence, Mr Walton, who is based in Los Angeles, told jurors his ex-partner, Ms Kouider, would “flip” during their two-year turbulent relationship.

He would support the fashion designer with thousands of pounds every month, even paying her rent long after she left him, he told the court.

On their relationship, he said: “It was turbulent, probably the most turbulent relationship I had ever been in.

“She would go from a softly spoken French accent, then she would flip, get very angry, very loud and just not care where we were.

“She would just go crazy over something trivial.”

The first he heard about Miss Lionnet was on 21 September last year when he was contacted by murder detectives, he said.

Referring to accusations levelled at him by Ms Kouider, prosecutor Richard Horwell QC said: “Have you ever been party to a plot to drug the people in the Wimbledon flat and, whilst unconscious, sexually abuse the occupants?”

Mr Walton said: “Absolutely not.”

He said the last time he was in the UK was when he went to a meeting in October 2015 and he told jurors he had “never, ever” heard of Ms Lionnet or ever been in contact with her.

Mr Walton told jurors he “created” Boyzone in 1993 and was in the band for about a year before going on to be involved in Fifth Avenue.


Who is Mark Walton?

1993: Auditions take place for a new Irish boyband. Mark Walton, along with Keith Duffy, Ronan Keating, Shane Lynch and Richie Rock form Boyzone and are later managed by Louis Walsh

1994: Mark Walton and Richie Rock leave the band

2000s: After Boyzone, Mr Walton sets up a band called Fifth Avenue, and also gets involved with the management of Irish girlband B*Witched

2015: Mr Walton appears as a judge on Vietnam’s Pop Idol

2017: Mr Walton named during the murder case of his ex-girlfriend’s French nanny


By the time he met Ms Kouider in 2011 he was doing well financially in the music business, he said.

Mr Walton said he paid for Ms Kouider’s nannies but she would fire them over accusations of stealing and of being interested in him, the court heard.

“I actually challenged Sabrina on this. I did not believe her,” he told the court.

Ms Kouider and Mr Medouni have admitted perverting the course of justice but deny murder.

The trial continues.