Saudi forces say they have shot down seven missiles launched into Saudi territory by Houthi rebels in Yemen.
Three of the missiles were fired at the capital, Riyadh, and one person was killed when fragments landed in a suburb, officials say.
Sunday saw the third anniversary of the Saudi-led coalition’s intervention in Yemen’s civil war.
Houthi rebels said they had been aiming at a number of locations, including Riyadh’s international airport.
The coalition accuses Iran of supplying the Houthis with the missiles, a claim denied by Tehran.
- Iran ‘supplied missile to Yemen rebels’
- Saudis accuse Iran of ‘direct aggression’
“This aggressive and hostile action by the Iran-backed Houthi group proves that the Iranian regime continues to support the armed group with military capabilities,” said coalition spokesman Turki al-Malki.
He added: “The firing of multiple ballistic missiles towards cities is a serious development.”
Witnesses in Riyadh reported hearing explosions overhead and seeing smoke.
Saudi state news agency SPA said missiles had also been fired at the southern cities of Najran, Jizan and Khamis Mushait.
Houthi rebels have fired dozens of missiles into Saudi Arabia in recent months.
Iran denies arming the rebels, who have been fighting a war against Yemen’s government and the Saudi-led coalition since March 2015.
Tehran says the missile launches are “independent actions” in response to Saudi-led coalition aggression.
Syrian rebel groups have pulled out of more towns in the Eastern Ghouta, as the government tightens it grip on the enclave outside Damascus.
Buses carrying fighters, their families and others left the area late on Saturday, leaving the city of Douma as the last rebel-held stronghold.
The evacuations followed a deal between government forces and a local rebel group, Faylaq al-Rahman.
About 70% of the Eastern Ghouta is now under government control.
Hundreds of people have been killed since Syrian government forces, supported by the Russian military, launched an offensive on the rebel-held territory last month.
In recent weeks, they have cut the Eastern Ghouta into three separate pockets, forcing rebels to negotiate withdrawals.
- ‘We will stay until the end’: A doctor’s battle in Eastern Ghouta
- Eastern Ghouta devastation seen from space
- Why is there a war in Syria?
Saturday’s evacuations from the towns of Zamalka, Arbin and Ain Tarma had been due to start in the morning but buses only arrived in the afternoon.
Footage showed the buses queuing at a crossing point into the enclave before travelling along a route cleared of wreckage and unexploded shells and mines.
Under the agreement between government forces and Faylaq al-Rahman, some 7,000 people in total will be driven to opposition-held territory in north-western Idlib province.
On Sunday, residents in Arbin were packing in preparation for more evacuations – although it was unclear when buses would arrive.
Negotiations with another rebel group, Jaish al-Islam, about the surrender of Douma are understood to be continuing.
Syrian state TV broadcast pictures of troops moving into towns abandoned by rebels, highlighting trenches and other fortifications left behind.
It also showed prisoners released by the rebels being loaded into minibuses.
Another deal struck last week saw thousands of people evacuated from the town of Harasta on Friday.
The rebels in the Eastern Ghouta encompass multiple factions, including jihadists, and in-fighting between them has led to losses of ground to the Syrian government.
Jaish al-Islam and its rival Faylaq al-Rahman are the largest groups.
The Eastern Ghouta is so close to Damascus that rebels have been able to fire mortars into the heart of the capital, leading to scores of civilian deaths.
Rebel rocket fire reportedly killed a young Syrian footballer and wounded seven others as they were training in Damascus on Saturday.